“Need A Hand” recipes are for folks who need a bit of help in the kitchen.
Need a Hand
Servings: 1 loaf pan
- 1 TBSP shortening e.g., Crisco
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ C sugar
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 2 C shredded zucchini or 1 12-ounce package of spiral cut frozen zucchini
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 C chopped nuts pecan or walnut, I prefer walnut
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease your 9”x5” loaf pan using the shortening.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until quite frothy.
- Mix in sugar, but don’t over beat.
- Stir in oil until well blended.
- Add zucchini and stir.
In a medium bowl:
- Mix remaining ingredients and whisk well.
- Add dry ingredients into zucchini mixture and stir until just blended.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350° F.
- After an hour, using a toothpick check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center.
- If it comes out clean, it’s done cooking.
- If there’s a little batter, it needs a few more minutes.
- Allow to cook for 3 or 4 more minutes and recheck in a different spot.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack on counter.
- Carefully turn out of the pan and cool completely on a wire rack on the counter.
Serving suggestions: Serve the same day with coffee or tea. Enjoy within 3 days or freeze slices.
Don’t need the extra help? See my “Confidence” version of the recipe.