“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen.
Servings: 1 loaf pan
- 1 TBSP shortening e.g., Crisco
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ C sugar
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 2 C shredded zucchini or 1 12-ounce package of spiral cut frozen zucchini
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 C chopped nuts pecan or walnut, I prefer walnut
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease your 9”x5” loaf pan using the shortening.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until quite frothy.
- Mix in sugar, then oil then zucchini.
In a medium bowl:
- Mix remaining ingredients and whisk well.
- Add dry ingredients into zucchini mixture and stir until just blended.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350° F.
- After an hour, using a toothpick check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack on counter.
- Carefully turn out of the pan and cool completely on a wire rack on the counter.
Serving suggestions: Serve the same day with coffee or tea. Enjoy within 3 days or freeze slices.
Need more help? See my “Need A Hand” version of this recipe.