“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen.
Wasabi Crusted Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops
- ½ Cup wasabi flavored peas
- ¼ Cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp prepared wasabi
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- A few dashes of fresh ground pepper
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- Mix the egg, prepared wasabi, and crushed garlic in a small bowl.
- Crush the wasabi flavored peas until finely ground about the consistency of the panko breadcrumbs.
- On a plate, mix the wasabi pea crumbs and breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
Coat the Pork Chops:
- Toss the pork chops first in egg mixture then breading.
- Coat well.
- Allow to sit while heating the oil.
Prepare the Pan:
- In a small sauté pan, warm the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Cook the pork chops, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from heat and allow to drain on a paper towel for a moment before transferring to the serving plate.
Serving suggestions: Serve the immediately. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Need more help? See my “Need A Hand” version of this recipe.