“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ pint sour cream
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Thoroughly grease a Bundt pan.
- Cream eggs and butter then mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder until just mixed.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour half of mixture into greased bundt pan.
For walnut filling/topping:
- Make walnut filling with remaining sugar, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Pour half of this mixture over the coffee cake batter in pan.
- I really like this filling/topping so I double this part of the recipe.
- Pour the remaining batter into the pan covering the walnut filling/topping.
- Top the batter with the remaining filling/topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350° F.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack on counter.
Serving suggestions: Use within three days. Freezes well.
Need more help? See my “Need A Hand” version of this recipe.