“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen.
Salsa* (Pico de Gallo)
- 4-5 tomatoes on the vine or your favorite tomato, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ fresh jalapeño or more depending on how spicy you like it ⅛ inch dice
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed or finely diced
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro fresh or prechopped
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Mix all ingredients and gently stir to combine.
- Cover tightly and allow to sit for anywhere from 5 minutes to overnight in the refrigerator.
Serving Suggestions: Can be made ahead. Serve the same day with tortilla chips, guacamole, or your favorite dish. Refrigerate leftovers immediately. *Most consider this “fresh salsa” (“Salsa Fresco”) but it is more in line with “Pico de Gallo” (Pee koh dah guy oh)
Need more help? See my “Need A Hand” version of this recipe.