“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen.
- 3 pepperoncini peppers seeded and finely diced
- 1 tsp pepperoncini juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic finely diced
- 2 ripe avocados (see note)
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise
- ½ lime’s juice
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP onion finely diced (optional)
- 2 TBSP tomato diced (optional)
- Open avocados, remove flesh, add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serving suggestions
- Serve with your favorite chips, tacos, or other treats.
- If any leftovers, cover closely with plastic wrap to keep air out, to avoid browning.
Notes: If only firm to very firm avocados are available, and there is no time for the avocados to ripen, use a food processor in place of manual work. Add all ingredients to the food processor and process until well blended. If too thick or bland add pepper juice or more lime juice. If not creamy enough add mayonnaise. If too spicy add more mayonnaise or another avocado. If too thin add more avocado.
Need more help? See my “Need A Hand” version of the recipe.