“Need A Hand” recipes are for folks who need a bit of help in the kitchen.
Need A Hand
- 3 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 tsp pepperoncini juice
- ½ lime’s juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 ripe avocados (see note)
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise
- 2 sprinkles kosher salt or to taste
- 2 sprinkles fresh cracked black pepper or to taste
- 1 TBSP onion finely diced (optional)
- 2 TBSP tomato diced (optional)
- Start by cutting the pepperoncini tops off each, then slicing down from top to bottom.
- Remove all seeds.
- Finely dice pepperoncini peppers.
- Add pepperoncini to a medium sized bowl.
- Finely dice garlic or use a garlic press.
- Add garlic to bowl.
- Cut the avocado around the pit, the from top to bottom.
- Remove the pit carefully.
- Using a spoon take avocado flesh out of skin and place into bowl.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the avocado in the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Serving suggestions: Serve with your favorite chips, tacos, or other treats. If any leftovers, cover closely with plastic wrap to keep air out, to avoid browning. Notes: If only firm to very firm avocados are available, and there is no time for the avocados to ripen, use a food processor in place of manual work. Add all ingredients to the food processor and process until well blended. If too thick or bland add pepper juice or more lime. If not creamy enough add mayo. If too spicy add more mayo or another avocado. If too thin add more avocado.
Don’t need the extra help? See my “Confidence” version of the recipe.