“Need A Hand” recipes are for folks who need a bit of help in the kitchen.
Need A Hand
Servings: 10 8 oz. servings
- ⅓ C vegetable oil (or coconut oil in liquid form)
- ⅓ C honey
- ⅓ C brown sugar (light or dark will work, I usually have light on hand, so I use that)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 C oatmeal (any kind except steel cut or pre-flavored will work)
- ¾ C toasted slivered almonds
- ¾ C sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Pro Tip: Measure the oil first, then the honey. It will make getting the honey out much easier.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oil, honey, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Add oatmeal and mix until well combined.
- Toss in toasted almonds and coconut until just mixed in. LINK TO TOASTING NUTS in glossary
- Pro Tip: Use a meat/potato masher utensil to mix. Link to pic in glossary
- Spread in a well-greased 13×9” pan.
- I prefer to use Reynolds Release to line my pan to make stirring and clean up easier. Link to info in glossary
- Bake for 8 minutes and stir well, getting into the corners.
- Bake for another 8 minutes and stir well again.
- Repeat until a nice caramel color.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack on counter.
Serving suggestions: Serve with yogurt or milk. Store up to a week in an airtight container.
Don’t need the extra help? See my “Confidence” version of the recipe.