“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen.
Servings: 10 8 oz. servings
- ⅓ C vegetable oil (or coconut oil in liquid form)
- ⅓ C honey
- ⅓ C brown sugar (light or dark will work, I usually have light on hand, so I use that)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 C oatmeal (any kind except steel cut will work)
- ¾ C toasted slivered almonds
- ¾ C sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oil, honey, brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Add oatmeal, toasted almonds, and coconut.
- Spread in a well-greased 13×9” pan.
- I prefer to use Reynolds Release to line my pan to make stirring and clean up easier. Link to info in glossary
- Bake for 8 minutes and stir well and repeat until nicely caramelized.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack on counter.
Serving suggestions: Serve with yogurt or milk. Store up to a week in an airtight container.
Need more help? See my “Need A Hand” version of this recipe.