“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen.
Gorgonzola Asparagus Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus slender, thin pieces work best for this recipe
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta (can substitute linguine or bowtie pasta instead)
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 medium sized shallot
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 5 ounce container of Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp dried tarragon or 2 TBSP fresh chopped tarragon
- ½ Cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Rinse asparagus and slice into 1-inch-long pieces and set aside.
- Dice the boneless skinless chicken breast into 1-inch cubes.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions, to al dente doneness.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the asparagus into the colander you will drain the pasta in.
- Once the pasta is done, pour the hot water and pasta into the colander.
- Return the pasta and asparagus to the pan.
While the pasta is cooking:
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the raw chicken breast, toss to coat.
- Over medium heat in a large sauté pan, melt the butter and cook the shallots until tender.
- Add the chicken and allow to brown then turn allowing the other side to brown.
- Mix in the gorgonzola cheese, heavy cream, tarragon, and ¼ Cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle in the nutmeg and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Combine the pasta/asparagus mixture with the chicken cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese when serving.
Serving suggestions: Serve the same day with crusty bread and good butter. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Need more help? See my “Need A Hand” version of this recipe.