“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen.
- ¾ Cup light brown sugar
- ¾ Cup white sugar
- ½ stick or ½ Cup butter flavored Crisco (additional for greasing pan)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs*
- 2 ¼ Cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ bag 10.1 ounce of M&M Minis
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- ½ Cup vegetable oil (or as per brownie mix package directions)
- 3 TBSP cold water (or as per brownie mix package directions)
- 2 eggs *(4 total)
- 8 ounce bag mini Oreos OR ½ 17 ounce bag Oreos
- 11 ounce bag white baking chips
- 3 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Thoroughly grease a 13”x9” pan.
- For the base: Mini M&M Cookie Dough
- Make cookie dough using the Mini M&Ms and first 9 ingredients.
- Place the dough into the 13×9 pan and smush down, as for a crust.
- Don’t smush too hard, or you’ll break all of the M&Ms.
- Now layer the Mini Oreos over top the cookie dough.
Make the brownie batter:
- In a separate bowl mix the 2 eggs, oil and water, as the brownie package directions indicate.
- Pour this mixture over the Oreos in the cookie dough pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 325° F.
- After 60 minutes check for doneness in the middle of the pan using a toothpick.
While the Dessertception bakes, prepare topping:
- The white chocolate ganache (guh-NAH-shh) is the last layer.
- In a heatproof bowl (or pyrex measuring cup, my preference), mix the white chocolate chips with the milk.
- Place in the microwave for 1.5 minutes at 30% power, stirring thoroughly every 20 seconds.
- If the white chocolate/milk mixture is a little too thick warm it up a little in 10 second increments at 30% power using above notes.
- If white chocolate/milk mixture breaks or becomes separated looking, mix in a little more milk and heat a little longer. This should resolve it.
- When the dessertception comes out of the oven, and while it’s still hot, pour the white chocolate/milk mixture over the top, carefully distributing the ganache over the whole thing.
- Cool completely on the counter on the wire cooling rack.
Serving suggestions: Store leftovers in an airtight container and use within 3 days.
Need more help? See my “Need A Hand” version of this recipe.