“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen.
Coconut Curry Peanut Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast (about 3 small or 1.5 large chicken breasts)
- 1 TBSP curry powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 TBSP Vegetable oil
- 2 stems cilantro with leaves
- 1 can coconut milk (mixed and divided into two portions, ¼ C and the rest)
- 4 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice OR rose’s lime juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp light brown sugar (omit if using rose’s lime juice)
- Mix the ¼ Cup coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and brown sugar (if using Rose’s Lime Juice, skip the brown sugar).
- Lightly chop cilantro leaves and stems, separately (keep stems on larger side).
- Dice the raw chicken into one inch pieces.
- Mix the curry powder, salt, and some fresh cracked pepper in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
In a large skillet/sauté pan:
- Lightly brown chicken breast in 1 TBSP vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Add remining coconut milk and simmer quite thickened and meat is cooked through.
- Pull out the cilantro stems and serve with the peanut sauce and garnish with the cilantro leaves.
Serving suggestions: Serve the immediately with Jasmine Rice. Refrigerate leftovers immediately. Inspired by: https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/one-pot-chicken-rice-recipe
Need more help? See my “Need A Hand” version of this recipe.