“Confidence” recipes are a series of recipes for folks who have a pretty good handle on their skills in the kitchen. (LINK TO: CONFIDENCE RECIPES)
- 1 ⅛ Cups white sugar
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ Cup water
- 4 ½ Cups blueberries fresh or frozen, your call
- 1 ½ TBSP lemon juice
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 egg beaten well
- 1 tsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Rinse and dry the blueberries.
- Combine the following ingredients into a medium saucepan: sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, 3/4 cup water, blueberries, lemon juice.
- Stir well and bring to a boil and cook gently until quite thickened.
- Prepare pie crust and when filing is thickened, add to pie plate.
- Top with second pie crust.
- Crimp and trim the edges.
- Using a pastry brush, brush top of piecrust with beaten egg/1 tsp water (egg wash).
- Cut vents into top crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425° F.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F and bake another 20 -25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
Serve the same day with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers immediately. Adapted from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/all-american-festivals/country-blueberry-pie-recipe/index.html
Need more help? See our “Need A Hand” version of the recipe.